DIG BAL (Directional strength)
This bal basically forms the part of the calculation of shad bal, though all astrologers are very much aware of the terms like Dig bal or shadbala still I am not sure that how many of those astrologers will claim the same after going through this article.
So, let me start with things which would be a kind of revision for most of the astrologers, as I really want all of you to feel at home, before I take you outside.
The maximum strength attained though directional strength is 60 Virupa or 1 Rupa. Hence very important, for your information let me also here mention that when a planet gets completely exalted, it gets 1 Rupa of strength. In other words, importance of the planet having Directional strength is equivalent to its positional strength (Sthan bal) gained from exalted state.
So guys do not fail to omit the consideration of this strength
Anyways, you all must be knowing that: The planets get Dig Bala in the following houses:
Jupiter and Mercury-1st house or Lagan Bhava
Venus and Moon-4th House or Sukha Bhava
Saturn, Rahu-7th House or Jaya Bhava
Sun, Mars and Ketu-10th House or Karma Bhava
When the planets are placed away from the bhava where they get the full Dig Bala, there strength is proportionately reduced. Like if Jupiter gets full Dig Bala in 1st house, then in 7th house, its dig bal would be 0 and in 4th house, dig bal would be 50%.
Anyways, these facts are very well known and you know that I would not have chosen to write on this topic, just to tell you this much.
So time to take all you babies out of the home, sorry for calling all of you, babies, actually the title of that movie “baby’s day out” crossed my mind.
Now coming straight to the concepts, see there are many other conditions apart from what are mentioned above, which makes the planet DIG BALI, even when it is not placed in the houses mentioned above. Yes I mean full Dig bal. That means it’s not necessary that Jupiter should be placed in 1st house, sun in 10th house etc, to get full Dig Bala.
So, what are those conditions?
Here they are:
1) If a planet joins (conjuncts) with the lord of the house where the planet gets full dig Bal. Like Jupiter gets FULL directional strength in 1st house, in my chart Jupiter is placed with Mars (lord of the 1st house), hence Jupiter gets full Dig Bal in my chart.
2) If a planet gets aspected by the lord of the house where the planet gets full dig Bal. Like in the above mentioned case, if Jupiter would have got aspected by mars (lord of lagan) then also Jupiter would have gained full dig Bala.
3) If a planet gets placed in the nakshatra (constellation) of the lord of the house where the planet gets full dig Bala. Like in the above mentioned case, If Jupiter would have occupied the nakshatra or constellation of Mars (Lord of the lagan), then also Jupiter would have gained full dig Bala.
4) If the lord of the nakshatra of the planet establishes the relation (through aspect, conjunction, nakshatra or constellation) with the lord of the house or house itself where the planet gets full dig Bal. Like in my case Jupiter is placed in the constellation of Venus and Venus is placed in 1st house where Jupiter gets Dig Bali. Hence from this angle also my Jupiter has gained full Dig bal.
Few More examples for your understanding:
1) In My chart Mercury is placed in the constellation of Jupiter and Jupiter is placed with mars, who is lord of the lagan where mercury gains full Dig Bala. Hence though my mercury is placed in 12th house, still gaining full dig Bala, because its constellation lord is joining lagan lord.
2) In my chart, Jupiter is placed with Mars who is lord of the 1st house where Jupiter gains full dig Bala; hence Jupiter gets full Dig Bal in my chart. From another angle, My Jupiter is placed in the constellation of Venus and Venus is placed in 1st house where Jupiter gets Dig Bali. Hence from this angle too my Jupiter has gained full Dig bal. From Cusp chart, my Jupiter is occupying 1st house only, so from there also directly my Jupiter has full dig Bala.
3) In my chart, Venus is placed in 1st house in the constellation of mercury, now mercury is placed with 4th lord Saturn [Remember Venus gains full Dig Bala in 4th house, hence now we have to take 4th lord], hence Venus has gained full Dig Bala.
4) In my chart, Saturn is placed in the constellation of Jupiter, and Jupiter is placed in the constellation of 7th lord Venus, hence Saturn is also gaining full Dig Bala (here we have taken 7th lord since Saturn gains full Dig Bala in 7thhouse). From another angle both my Jupiter and Venus are placed in 1st bhava as per cusp chart, in other words Jupiter (constellation lord of Saturn) is very close to 7th lord Venus. So from this angle too, my Saturn is gaining full Dig Bala.
5) In my chart, Moon is placed in 4th house, so already have full Dig Bala directly, but as per cusp chart my moon is there in 3rd house, which mean slightly less dig bal than full.
6) In my chart, Sun is placed in the 11th house as per the cusp chart, which means very close to 10th house, also Sun is the lord of my 10th house, hence Sun has also gained close to full Dig Bala.
7) In my chart, Ketu, is placed close to Sun, who is the 10th lord (as per the cusp chart), hence Ketu has also gained full Dig Bala. (remember Ketu get Dig Bala in 10th house, hence 10th lord is taken)
8) In my chart, Rahu is placed in 7th house as per lagan chart, hence dig bali (in Lagan chart), but from the angle of Cusp chart, my Rahu is actually there is 6th house, so slightly less Dig Bali, but as if I apply above mentioned rules, then my Rahu is placed in the sign of 7th lord Venus (i.e. in Libra), So Rahu also have full Dig Bala.
So guys, hope you would have understood the concept of Dig Bala very nicely with the help of my chart, now start applying these rules on your chart and Give me the permission to put a full stop to this write up. Bye and Take care.
Visit facebook Link: